KP Oli – The man with greater dreams and aspirations
The man with sugary smile, the comedian of the house parliament for some, ukhan tukka ko bhandar for some, the man with only sugar-coated words and speech for some, the man with no mind for some but at the same time, the man with perfect leadership for some, the man who preserved our national sovereignty and the man with greater dreams and aspirations; Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli aka KP Oli has resigned; signed off from his position.
His tenure as 38th Prime Minister of Nepal
Looking back to the time when he kicked-off his tenure as Prime Minister of Nepal for sure wasn’t in favorable condition even to live. Because of the border blockade;
- we had no petroleum products to run our vehicles,
- no LPG to run our kitchen,
- price tags from groceries to others were at peak and
- our greatest festivals were on the verge of getting ruined
- the madhesh issues stating that the constitution was biased were degrading the condition more.
Such was the situation when KP Oli took oath. The political and conspiratorial floods were flowing from India and he remained untouched and kept our sovereignty solid. This is one of the things he did which lured admirers for him.
Yes! it’s true that he appeared to be funny everywhere with his fun-oriented or sarcastic quotes. He is also named as ‘The comedian PM’ by some.
But, we would love to opt such a comedian PM who makes his citizens laugh than an arrogant one who makes his citizens furious.
Who knows maybe the new one (soon to be declared) will be of latter type.
Other than this, he was also good at being way too much optimistic with greater dreams and desires. During his 9 months of tenure, he had a series of projects which were quite impossible in here to implement at the moment:
- supply cooking gas via pipeline,
- remove loadshedding within years,
- dig out our own petroleum products,
- sail our own ship
No wonder, Nepali people called him ‘the man with no mind and proper plan‘.
While the earthquake victims were still homeless and helpless; not showing determination in providing them relief fund and reconstruction but displaying such attractive and immense dreams were surely not relevant.
But, still dreaming to such peak was indeed a courageous and audacious act. Never to forget, ‘To dream’ comes before ‘To achieve’.
Few positive things
However, there happened some good things and improvements during his tenure.
- The Kathmandu-Nijgadh fast track project being back in Nepal government’s court,
- The relationship with northern neighbour getting better,
- The melamchi khanepani project taking pace,
- Bringing back the dead bodies of Nepalese from Kabul and few others were some laudable things that happened in last 9 months.
Whatever kinda person he was, a comedian, a fool, a looser, a great leader, a dreamer, a daring guy or the man who reserved our sovereignty; he has won millions of hearts in the end. His name is surely gonna reverberate in Nepali politics for years. His ephemeral tenure as a Prime Minister of Nepal will surely be remembered by every Nepali people either by his funny acts and speeches or by his greater dreams and aspirations.
P.S. Images source – google.