The Last Week Of The Month
Have you ever felt like the days passing in snail’s pace? Have you ever felt like a day is equivalent to more than that of 24 hours? Have you ever felt like you’ve lived already for eternity while waiting for just a few days to pass?
Well, you certainly must have. And, you must be thinking that I am talking about the same old shit, LOVE when the unrealistic things seem to be real, everything around seems to be imaginary and blah blah blah. But, not this time folks. Think again; when are you most likely to have such feelings?
Well, maybe ‘the last week of the month’ or ‘a week before your payday‘? Did you get my point now? Yeah! You did, obviously, if you are working.
To all the job holders,
let’s remember the last week of the month, the time period when you are financially knocked down.
- It indeed makes you feel like you are a beggar in formal/fancy dress working for a filthy rich company, doesn’t it?
- It makes you a bankrupt having at least two deserted accounts in different ‘A’ class commercial banks.
- And, it literally seems like a penniless broke person with a highly sophisticated smartphone on hand.
Oh! The last week of the month
You actually wish to die for that whole week and resurrect again on the payday. You are continuously haunted by a myriad of things.
- Your wallet/purse becomes so weightless that even the gravitational force won’t take it down; it’ll float in the air.
- You will start marking the calendar as well, which you never care for in the whole month.
- You will literally count those sluggish 7 days of the month.
- You will have to count the money that you’ve got and made a precise calculation of the expenditures you have to make to LIVE throughout that week; no any wishful things to be thought about.
And all of a sudden, you become a miser who will start to spend wisely as little as possible. Amidst the arduous struggle, things happen that will worsen this fatal situation.
Oh! The last week of the month
This is the period when you really feel like the days are passing in snail’s pace and you have lived ages within the particular week. Sometimes, your helpless and insane mind engenders things like, “I feel like I will turn into a senior citizen waiting for this week to end or what if I die not being able to bear this pain? Who will be liable for my remuneration then?”
You indeed are on the cloud 9 this day. You feel so refreshed, so rejuvenated, revived and enthusiastic full of energy again. You plan to do the savings, spend sagaciously just to make sure that it won’t happen in next month.
But then, there’s a lovely twist;
You get paid,
You pay the bills,
You become same old bankrupt and
wait for another payday.
Repeat these things; this is how you live a month in a nutshell.
I still remember when I was giving the farewell speech to my friends on the last day of our bachelors, I had mentioned something like this;
“Friends, don’t forget to follow your dreams with all your hearts. Don’t run behind the money, rather run behind the things you are passionate in. Tomorrow, when you start working, you should be able to say ‘it was a very good day at work’ when you return home from office not like ‘there’s still a week to get paid’.”
But, now I got it. You will have to count the days to get paid until you earn enough to fulfill your basic needs of day to day life and reach that threshold.